abbott, anz, asx, Asx 200, ASX200, aussie dollar, australia, Australian Sharemarket, bank of england, banks, ben, Ben Bernanke, Bernanke, BHP, BHP Billiton Limited, billabong, boe, BOJ, BRU, cba, Charlie aitken, china, commonwealth bank, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, copper, CPU, crash, cyprus, diggers and dealers, dollar, dow, draghi, ECB, economy, essex Lion, eu, euro, europe, eurozone, fairfax, fed, finance, fmg, fomc, Fortescue, Fortescue Metals Group Ltd, Fortescue mining, france, gold, greece, igr, insurance, Interest Rates, iron ore, iron ore falls, italy, Japan, Macquarie Group Limited, Mario Draghi, marmota, meu, Mo farrah, NAB, National Australia Bank Limited, National Bank, nev power, Newcrest Mining Limited, oroton.qbe, qbe, RasPutin, RBA, Reserve Bank, results preview, RIO, Russia, SGP, shares, silver, Sirius Resources, slr, stevens, stock, stocks, super mario, telstra, Telstra Corporation Limited, ten, TLS, twiggy, uk, Ukraine, wbc, WHC, Whitehaven Tinkler coal bid cash, Woodside Petroleum Limited, woolworths, wow, yellen, zombieland
Morning sports fans,
Running late today as I drove..why does anyone do that!!!2 hours in trafiic..really, Sydney..21st Century roads are what we need !!Will keep it brief!!
Nothing much happened overnight but it was all eyes on our little market here today as Japan Post emerged as a buyer of Toll Holdings for a massive premium. 50% premium to last nights close…..wow…this will set fire to the sector…QUB etc ..few high flyers disappointed yesterday with ANZ warning of troubled times ahead, SEK underwhelming as the rivers of gold seem to be drying up….ANZ a little underwhelming but more so the commentary .A real mixed bag!!
Idea of the Day-Follow the money WPL big dividend increase and it’s in Greenbacks!!
Woodside has just delivered…huge jump in dividend and it’s in US dollars so what is not to like…Oil price is showing signs of recovery so double whammy…will be a string opening but momentum is strong in this one Obi wan…will continue like a steam train..
They posted a 38 per cent jump in full-year net profit and said it would focus on driving further efficiency in its business given “challenging” market conditions due to the slump in oil prices.
Full-year profit rose to $US2.41 billion, from $US1.74 billion in 2013. Underlying net profit increased by 42 per cent to $US2.42 billion, shy of consensus forecasts of $US2.57 billion.
Woodside declared a record final dividend of $US1.44 per share, higher than many analysts were anticipating and 40 per cent higher than a year earlier.
This is a rare beast indeed a dividend paying resource stock…
Things to make me go mmmmm!!!
Chelsea draw with PSG away..so there is hope….
Ouuch!!! Seven West Media has tumbled to a $993 million net loss after tax after writing down the value of its television, magazines and newspaper goodwill and other assets by $1.06 billion citing concerns about future
Chris Bowen has a meltdown in front of Alan Jones as he can’t remember the tax scales…really…come on if we want to have good government maybe we have to get rid of both sides of the house…it’s not hard FFS…
Toll holdings bid is huge….9 bucks a share and agreed ..the FIRB will be tested with this one…selling more Aussie infrastructure to overseas interests….will get politicial I suspect but hell it’s a huge price and money talks and plies walk!!
Nasty from Arrium…Arrium has reported a $1.5 billion net loss after booking huge impairments on its iron ore assets following a sharp drop in prices for the steel-making commodity.
Stripping out the $1.3 billion of impairment charges, they still lost $22m.
“The only way to solve Greece is to treat us like equals; not a debt colony.”
Yanis Varoufakis, the Greek finance minister, after talks with the Eurozone collapsed.
From my good buddies at www.zerohedge.com…the closing ramp on the S&P…
Truce going well in Ukraine….another Euro Success story…
And from www.investors.com
And finally…..as it was Valentines last weekend a reminder of the rules…of golf?
These are the “golf rules of the bedroom”.
- Each player shall furnish his own equipment.
- Play on a course must be approved by the owner of the hole.
- Unlike outdoor golf, the object is to get the club in the hole and keep the balls out.
- For most effective play, the club requires a firm shaft. Course owners may check shaft stiffness before play begins.
- Course owners reserve the right to restrict club length to avoid damage to the hole.
- The object of the game is to take as many strokes as necessary until the course owner is satisfied that play is completed. Failure to do so may result in being denied permission to play the course again.
- It is considered bad form to begin playing the hole immediately upon arrival at the course. The experienced player will normally take time to admire the entire course with special attention to well-formed bunkers.
- Players are cautioned not to mention other courses they have played or are currently playing to the owner of the current course. Upset course owners have been known to damage players’ equipment.
- Players are encouraged to bring proper rain gear for protection.
- Players should ensure themselves that their match has been properly scheduled, particularly when a new course is being played for the first time. Previous players have been known to become irate if they discover someone else playing on what they considered to be their private course.
- Players should not assume a course is in shape for play at all times. Some players may be embarrassed if they find the course to be temporarily under repair. Players are advised to be extremely tactful in this situation, while more advanced players will find alternative means of play.
- The course owner is responsible for manicuring and pruning any bush around the hole to allow for improved viewing of alignment with, and approach to, the hole.
- Players must obtain the course owner’s permission before attempting to play the back nine.
- Slow play is encouraged, but players should be prepared for quicker play, at least temporarily, at the course owner’s request.
- Time permitting, it is considered outstanding performance to play the same hole several times in one match.
Have a great day ..am on Sky at 12.00 if you want any questions answered….