Happy Birthday Maj!!!
Catch Beeks on Soundcloud
- ASX 200 closes down 12 at 6045
- High 6061 Low 6041. Up 1.05% for the week.
- Low volume, narrow range ahead of long weekend.
- Plenty of index changes.
- Resources weaken as CBA rallies.
- Energy stocks better on oil prices.
- Live long and Prospa no longer.
- AUD wakens ahead of G7 to 76.10c
- Bitcoin weaker at US$7634
- AUD Gold steady at $1297.
- US futures down 25.
- Asian markets weakens with Japan down 0.24% and China CSI 300 down 1.32%
Movers and Shakers
- NAN +5.86% broker upgrade.
- DMP +3.75% short covering.
- APX +2.93% index rebalancing.
- KDR -5.29% on index rebalancing.
- MYX +2.89% rally continues.
- MSB +4.64% biotechs back in fashion.
- ELD -5.23% broker downgrades.
- TAH +2.23% strategic review of Sun Bets.
- RFG -8.96% index changes dropped from
- BUB +6.25% Signs deal; with Alibaba.
- AMP +0.28% out of ASX 20.
- IRI -4.02% index changes.
- IVC +0.90% director selling.
- CPU -0.23% resignation of director.
- AMI -4.27% sale of 36.7% Pacific Road shareholding.
- Speculative stock of the day: Stemcell United (SCU) -17.14% the lord giveth the lord taketh away after rise yesterday.
- Biggest risers –NCZ, NAN< IFT, MSB, FNP and DMP
- Biggest fallers – KDR, ELD, CLQ, AMI, AZJ and AHY.
- Bubs Australia (BUB) +6.25% Signs a deal to sell its products through Alibaba’s Tmall platform, gaining access to the e-commerce giant’s 580m monthly users. Mother and Baby products are the 2nd largest category on Alibaba.
- Paragon Healthcare (PGC) +4.29% Acquisition of NZ medical device business REM Systems for NZ$54.4m in cash and shares. Current owners and management will remain. Positive news in the long term. It is a significant acquisition and so there are risks involved. 80% cash and 20% in shares issued at 76.5c
- Nothing special
ASIAN MARKETS NEWS
- The Japanese economy contracted more than expected in the March quarter, down 0.2% the forecast was pointing to a -0.1% contraction.
- Chinese trade surplus came in at US$24.9bn in May. Exports were down 2.7% & imports were 0.1% higher over the month.
- Ant Financial, the payments affiliate of China’s Alibaba, said on Friday that it had raised US$14bn in a pre-initial public offering round of funding.
- Shares in Foxconn Industrial Internet rose by the maximum 44% daily limit on their first day of trading in Shanghai on Friday.
EUROPE AND US MORNING HEADLINES
- Fun and games to come at the G6 plus 1 in Quebec. Trump lashes out at Trudeau and Macron. Group shot will be interesting body language..
- New Myer CEO who used to run House of Fraser in the UK has the blueprint to follow, the retailer will slash 31 of its 59 sites in the UK and Ireland. 6,000 jobs at risk with Poundland chipping in with closures to bring it up to 11,000. Not a happy high street.
- The US government has hit Chinese smartphone giant ZTE with a US$1bn fine as part of a deal to lift an export ban against the company.
- Boris warns May on having more courage in Brexit negotiations. Not going to end well.
- Amazon has bought the Premier League rights in the UK from 2019. Sky Sports and BT Sport will continue to broadcast games after purchasing rights to 160 matches for almost GBP4.5bn earlier this year, but they will do so alongside Amazon, who will show 20 matches per season for an initial three year period.
I have a feeling I’ve stuck pins in this doll before. Must be deja voo-doo.
It’s going to be awkward if Mr and Mrs Burr ever lose their son Tim in a forest.
I just found out I’m colourblind. I’m shocked, this news came completely out of the Purple.
Apparently Neil Diamond used to be called Neil Coal…until the pressure got to him.
Big foot is disrepected by people who question his existence!
Yeti never complains!
In Antigua, a steak pie is $2.69
In the Bahamas a steak pie is $2.99
In Dominica, a steak pie is $2.99
In the Dominican Republic a steak pie is $2.39
In Haiti, a steak pie is $2.39
In Jamaica, a steak pie is $2.49
In Saint Lucia, a steak pie is $2.39
In Trinidad and Tobago, a steak pie is $2.19
These are the pie rates of the Caribbean.
Long weekend back Tuesday!!! Enjoy!!!